Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What are some good NYC restaurants that I can bring my girlfriend to for her birthday?

I'm from just outside of Philadelphia. I'm 18 and my girlriend is turning 18. I'm planning on taking her into NYC for her birthday. Any ideas on good restaurants that I can bring her to? I don't want to go anywhere cheap, but I also don't want to go anywhere that will run me a 300 dollar bill. Any idea where I can take her for a nice hundred dollar dinner?What are some good NYC restaurants that I can bring my girlfriend to for her birthday?
Prune Restaurant - Amazing quality food, decent prices. Look-up the website.
Little Italy is an area in lower manhattan that contains many little shops and some the worlds best Italian food. Very romantic and very clean. After you eat you can just roam around. I'm the same age as you guys and that's were i would probably want to be taken.



There is one place in particular that my family loves. La Mela. Traditional, Delicious Italian food. Here is the thing: although i see many couples in there, its not awfully romantic.



If you want it to be uber romantic go to il Palazzo.



hope i helped :)



i disagree with the poster below, its not cheesy and at this time of year it isnt very cheesy either.



if you go to the village, i would seggeust sushi sumba. its very very good.What are some good NYC restaurants that I can bring my girlfriend to for her birthday?
Don't bother with Little Italy... it's touristy and a little cheesy. I'd suggest you go to somewhere in the West Village. It's a great place to walk around at night, and has lots of restaurants and bars. Sushi Samba is a great place that melds Japanese and South American. I think the first commenter seems like she knows what she's saying. One great Italian place is Jolie, in Brooklyn. I took my girlfriend there for Valentine's Day... it's low-key and has great food.
There is one restaurant that has been around for quite awhile and it gets great write ups, but for some reason it just isn't that well known. I have taken quite a number of people there and every one has been taken by the place and amazed that the prices are so reasonable for the quality.

You can get out of there for $100 or under.

The place is called Capsuto Frere and it is located on Watts Street, which is way downtown, I guess it is Tribeca. It's sort of around the entrance/exit to the Hudson Tunnel.

If you are driving there is no problem parking.

The food is Lebenese/French. The specialty is their souflees, and if it's for a birthday I suggest that you order one of the special ones that they suggest at the beginning of the meal. They do have some ready made ones, but the specially made ones are so much better.



Also, actually, not that far away is another restaurant I highly recommend. It is called

City Hall. It also is not that expensive. I don't think it has as beautiful and special an atmosphere, but if you don't like French food, this place is totally American. The food and service is fantastic. I certainly can say I love this restaurant. I got married there, well, re-married, 3 years ago, and everyone expected to have the usual food you get at a catered affair, the rubber chicken. Not here. Every piece of food was gone by the time the platters were taken away.



Either of these places would work very well for a wonderful dinner out.

No comments:

Post a Comment