Friday, February 24, 2012

How do teriyaki restaurants cook their chicken?

I lived in the Pacific Northwest where teriyaki restaurants are a dime a dozen. I recently moved to Texas and there are NONE. I need to figure out how they cook their boneless chicken teriyaki up there. I'm talking about the bonesless chicken with the side of white rice and salad. I am more wondering about cooking technique than I am about sauce. I can figure that part out. Do they use oil? A wok? A grill? And what part of chicken meat do they use? Thanks!How do teriyaki restaurants cook their chicken?
Marinate chunks of raw chicken in teriyaki sauce (thin,liquidy sauce from asian section of grocery store) for a couple hours in the fridge.



Heat some oil in a nonstick skillet or wok; and if you add a little sesame oil to it, too, it will taste really authentic. Stir-fry chicken over screaming high heat a handful at a time; too much at once and it will just simmer in it's juices and not sear.



When all is cooked, toss in a bowl w/ teriyaki glaze, a bottled thick sauce you can buy in the asian aisle of any grocery. Sprinkle w/ sesame seeds for garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment