Friday, February 24, 2012

What time do English restaurants open? When I was in England in 1987 my companion always wanted to eat at 6 pm?

We had a terrible time finding restaurants that were open at that hour and we wound up eating a lot of Italian food. For some reason Italian restaurants seemed to be open earlier than other restaurants. I never did find out what time normal restaurants open or what time normal people eat supper or dinner.What time do English restaurants open? When I was in England in 1987 my companion always wanted to eat at 6 pm?
because of the tradition of tea at 4 PM in UK, ppl just cant have dinner at 6 - I spent 6 yrs there (age 6-12) and I think when we went out to eat it was like 8 PM. of course in the big cities there's american junk food places open 24/7 now, but yuk - u wanna eat big macs in england? no way i would lol
alot are open all day and stay open through the nights, but the restrants that dont open till the evening normally open after 5 or 6. some later, but most open after 5 or 6ish, different restaurants are different with different times etc. but some like i said open all day morning, noon and night.

and yes we normally have tea (food) about 6ish ,hensh why your companion prob wanted theres around 6pm.What time do English restaurants open? When I was in England in 1987 my companion always wanted to eat at 6 pm?
It depends on the restuarant, mostly though they tend to open at 6 or 6:30 pm, is that too soon/ late for you ?

No comments:

Post a Comment