Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Anyone know what type of teriyaki sauce the restaurants use?

I've been wanting to make Teriyaki chicken at home for awhile now, like they make in all the little restaurants like Kobo Teriyaki, Happy Teriyaki, Toto's Teriyaki, etc. I bought some sauce at the grocery store and was very unhappy with it because it was a LOT more bitter than the stuff at the restaurants. I don't know what brand they use - and I hate to keep buying bottle after bottle trying to find the right stuff!



Anyone know?Anyone know what type of teriyaki sauce the restaurants use?
I know exactly how you feel...I used to have the same problem until I combined two sauces. I combine kikkoman which is thick like a glaze and either Harris Teeter's HT Traders brand or KMART's Hy Top brand. The Harris Teeter and KMART brands are the runny sauce and with the kikkoman they turn out really great and really sweet. Also, try seasoning your chicken with a little brown sugar, garlic salt and pepper and then add the teriyaki. That is what I do when I make stir fry.
MOST USE KIKOMAN'S ....IT TASTES BETTER BECAUSE IT'S FERMENTED IN VATS BEFORE BOTTLING......MANY IN THE USA JUST MIX AND BOTTLE ONLY......KIKOMAN'S MADE IN JAPAN HAVE BEEN MAKING SOY SAUCE %26amp; IT'S DERIVATIVES FOR OVER 400 YRS........Anyone know what type of teriyaki sauce the restaurants use?
Goodhost,Toastmaster, , Western Family, Presidents Choice,China Lily, Libby's, Purity, Parkay, Robins', Rooster Brand Superior, Kilkoman's.These wereused in restaurants I worked in there's others but I mentioned ? I like best.. your palatt may be different! I did them in order of my preferance. The last one is far too strong %26amp; most common!
Almost every restaurant uses Kikomans the spelling may be wrong but the brand isn't.
If you ask the restaurant, they might sell you a bottle of the teriyaki sauce you like so much.
Really any respectable Japanese restaurant makes their own teriyaki sauce.

Most have:

soy sauce

sugar

garlic

rice wine vinegar

and some put a little tomato product in it as well.

It's fun to experiment and come up with your own.
You should try adding some brown sugar or molasses to it to make it a little bit more sweeter. I know Costco has a teriyaki sauce I think it's Kikkoman that tastes like the typical teriyaki sauce.



Also you should try making your own. I found this recipe that is easy to follow or you can try www.foodnetwork.com.



http://www.recipezaar.com/71984
Moore鈥檚 Teriyaki sauce , red wine teriyaki sauce
  • lounges
  • indian recipes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment