Friday, February 24, 2012

What type of restaurants should I tip at?

Besides restaurants where you sit down and someone brings you the food, where else should you tip at? Should I only tip where there are waiters and waitresses? How about buffets where you pay first, then enter, but there are waiters that come by and get you drinks? Do you just hand them a dollar?What type of restaurants should I tip at?
Honestly, you should tip at almost every restaurant. Anywhere from Starbucks, to Golden Corral, to Applebees or Red Lobster. The people in the food industry spend their whole day of work serving other people. Even if it's just catering to everyone's parched throats by bringing them water (try doing that for 8 hours straight!). Tip at Subway, Quiznos, and Port of Subs as well. Also, tip at any sort of coffee shop. The only place I wouldn't tip would be fast food chains like McDonald's or Wendy's or Jack in the Box, etc. Leave the money in an orderly pile in the middle of the table.



***Waiters and Waitresses usually only make $4.00 at the most per hour. They rely mostly on tips for their income. So at restaurants where you have a server, ALWAYS tip at least 15%; more if you have a large party!
I tip the pizzaman



I tip at buffets( i just put the money on the table when i leave)



I tip the people at Sonic when they bring the food to me



I tip at the bars (put it in the tip jar)



I tip at clubs when the bartender fix me a drink. The better the tip the stronger the drink



I tip at the grocery store if they help me put my groceries in the car



I tip at hotels when people help me with my luggageWhat type of restaurants should I tip at?
Well, I tip at all of them. If its a bufet where they're just getting my drinks and bussing the tables, then probably just leave like a buck a person on the table when you're all done. I mean, they're still probably making crap pay, and they are at least doing something to help you, albeit not much which is why I only usually give them a buck a person.
Anywhere where you feel the service is worthy of a tip. Don't worry about the opinions of others. You are tipping a person who is working hard in a low paying job. If his or her service pleases you-tip. Except where there is already a service charge of course
I'd say tip a couple of bucks at a buffet. Chances are, they get a higher wage than a waiter at a traditional restaurant.
Only tip if you have an actual waiter. They are the only ones working for tips.
I only tip when I receive great service, no matter where I go.
None
First of all, are you planning on tipping the one's that give bad service also? I don't. I leave a penny if anything.



No buffet's. That's why they have it buffet, to cut their cost. So why should you up the anty?

I tip on service, and not on food. I tell the waiter/waitress that the food was lousy here's a buck. And leave the garbage on the table for the owner to grieve over their lousy chef.
nope

No comments:

Post a Comment