Tuesday, February 21, 2012

How do I start opening up my own restaurants?

What to major in college? Do I need to go to culinary school? How do I open up my own restaurants acorss the Country?How do I start opening up my own restaurants?
How many times are you going to post the same question????



My advice is DON'T. Most new businesses fail in the first year. Restaurants are the worst. It is VERY difficult to compete with the existing chains. Not sure where you live, but I am in the Houston area and I can look around and see the same spot in various strip malls open and close restaurants constantly. A new one comes in, it stays for 3 to 6 months, then it is gone. A few months later another takes its place.



If you insist on doing this, then you should get at least 10 years of experience in a restaurant management position or Executive Chef position before you even think about it. If you can successfully run someone else's business, then you can think about opening your own.



As far as writing a book, what would you write about?



Good Luck!
This is not really a decision to take lightly. I'm not sure about the percentage, but I believe over 80% of restaurant start-ups fail in their first year or so. It's a very, very competitive business.



If you wanted to start up your own restaurant chain, however, I would recommend studying business over cooking. In the long run, if you are successful, you will spend more time managing your business than in the day-to-day details of cooking. I would agree with Rick B that work experience in restaurant management would be invaluable (that, or be rich enough to hire someone who has that experience :D).How do I start opening up my own restaurants?
No. you do not need culinary school, you need business school and onthe job restraunt training as a cook and a server and some mangement and cost control!!!
  • kbb used car value
  • indian recipes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment