Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What are good table manners for fancy and casual restaurants?

I have obviously been to both casual and fancy restaurants. I want to know what are the proper ways to use and set aside your fork and knife. Napkin? How to sit, how to order?



Basic things please. I obviously know how - I just want to sharpen my skills.



Do I scoop the food onto my fork with a knife or help it with my finger? I tend to use my finger out of habit.What are good table manners for fancy and casual restaurants?
Most people don't pay attention anymore.

But in a real fancy restaurant the napkin goes on your lap, your fork on the plate,

with the knife across the top of the plate when not in use.

You can scoop the food onto the fork any way you choose, the knife would be more polite.What are good table manners for fancy and casual restaurants?
This site has some good easy lists: http://artofmanliness.com/2010/03/26/gui鈥?/a>



Also, never use your finger to push food onto your fork. Using a knife or a piece of bread is acceptable, as is giving up! But never the finger.



Good luck.
  • google translations
  • italian translation to english
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment