Saturday, February 18, 2012

Restaurants?

Do you feel they should have doggie restaurants? where dogs could go out to eat. or restaurants where you could bring your dog in with you in the u.s.?Restaurants?
There should be restaurants like that everywhere! Some people I have seen in restaurants are more disruptive and filthy than any dog I've ever met.
Yes, that is a good idea.Restaurants?
Health issues will be the main problem here with an inside restaurant. Keeping dog hair out of the food preperation area and what if your dog wants to go to the toilet!! Euwh!! The smells bad outside ... could just imagine the rush to evacuate the room to escape the smell !! "Every man / woman / dog for themselves!" Heheheheh



Lots of Cafe in Australia allow dogs to sit with their owners outside on the footpath. Some provide water bowls for the dogs %26amp; a place to tie them up at your table. But only outside.

A place you could get a snack for your dog as well would be great! Just have to make sure dogs can't steal each other sfood or there could be trouble!
Yes, as long as the dogs are clean lol.

I would love to be able to take my pup everywhere.

Seriously, there are dogs a lot better behaved than a lot of children, but kids are allowed pretty well everywhere.
Definitely. I take my dog to outdoor restaurants all the time. Many of them are very dog friendly and will even give you a water bowl for your doggie. But indoor ones would be a very good idea.
lol as for doggie restaurants, i personally think its silly. it's not necessary and more for the people than the dogs. not to mention, it could cause some problems if the dog is not well behaved enough. As for restaurants were you can bring your dog in, it would be nice, if your dog is well behaved but i can understand why it is not allowed. there are health concerns when it comes to the food and some people are scared or allergic to dogs. however, where i live on the west coast, my dogs are allowed in the outside eating area of MANY restauraunts and have even been allowed in some coffee shops and such because the owners don't mind!
Of course - I'm always looking for places to bring my dog with me! I live in a city that was voted the most pet-friendly... not sure if it was this yr or last yr. Most restuarants with outdoor seating allow it. There are also a few bars that allow small dogs inside.
I wish they would. There would be a lot of much better behaved dogs if people could actually do social things with them.



FWIW.. My Service Dog accompanies me to restaurants all the time. Often I am complimented for her behavior and its commented on that she is better behaved than most children. I think that says sad things about people's parenting skills... and in public no less!!! I get a chuckle out of people's expressions when she comes out from under a booth table and they didn't know she was there!!
hey we have that in chicago :]
I don't think the dogs really care where they eat...as long as they get the good stuff! I'm afraid to say that although I love my dog to pieces...I'd not want to bring him to a restaurant...where he eats or where I'm eating! That's what park vendors are for and drive throughs....My dog loves a happy meal once in a while...but he doesn't need to be inside McDonald's to enjoy it!
We have a few here but only in the summer time. We can bring our dogs but have to sit out side which is ok by me. They even bring them bowls of water and some even have food for them if you want. It's nice but I wish they had them all year round!
A doggie restaurant sounds like a cute idea, unless the dogs became food-aggressive...I guess it would be hard to have, just look at all the problems people have with dog parks and imagine bringing food into the equation...

I don't think "pets" should be allowed in regular restaurants though, no way to know how the dogs are going to react. service animals are a different story as they are specially trained.

Edit to animal_a... My dog is a service dog too, and I have experienced the same thing where people don't realize she is there untill I get up... It makes me laugh. Especially on the bus when the drivers tell me she is better behaved than most children and som adults...LOL
I had actually been toying around with the idea of starting a business similar to that idea.



The only problem would be the behavioral factor. You would have to have very strict guidelines. Not every dog is a social one.



How would you run the place? How could you keep it from turning into an indoor dog park?



I thought the idea I had at first was a good one but, I very quickly found many holes in my plan.



I will leave that up to someone else to develop :)
In my area there are restaurants that encourage dogs in the outside patios,have doggie menus,water bowls etc and do good business

No comments:

Post a Comment