Monday, March 12, 2012

In your opinion is it acceptable to have staff of different origins/ethnicities in Ethnic restaurants?

Hi all,



For instance, white waiters in Vietnamese restaurants?



First of all, I am far from racist. I think this is a traditional matter. By having staff of other ethnicities it may send the wrong message that the restaurant is not traditional.



I've also seen Mexican cooks at Indian restaurants. I guess if the food tastes just as good I do not see a problem with it.



I am curious to get your opinion on this.



ThanksIn your opinion is it acceptable to have staff of different origins/ethnicities in Ethnic restaurants?
I know where you coming from. It makes no difference as long as the food and service are good. I do get tickled because we have a Thai restaurant in town and all the servers are Mexican! That just cracks me up! When we were in Mexico awhile back, I loved meeting the German who owned the bakery just down from our condo!



It's all good! No worries!
As long as the food and service are good, the little things do not bother me.In your opinion is it acceptable to have staff of different origins/ethnicities in Ethnic restaurants?
I honestly don't see a problem with that. I understand your perspective of it, I've walked into authentic vietnamese restaurants and have seen many people with different backgrounds, but I don't think it stops people from coming there if the food is enjoyable.



I've been in a viet restaurant where everyone dressed in traditional attire, no matter where they're from. I think that helped carry out the message of a traditional atmosphere alot.
LOL - sure



In Florida - we table of Americans went to Mexican restaurant

and were served by a Canadian waiter!



Pretty good - eh?



A true North American Meal!



All the best
HAVING FRIENDS AND FAMILY WITH RESTAURANTS, THEY HAVE ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE, WORKING FOR THEM, I FOR ONE LIKE TO GO ANYWHERE AND SEE ALL KINDS OF SHADES OF PEOPLE WORKING EVERYWHERE, THIS IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE,NAMASTE
To hire someone due to their Race/Culture or lack of Race/Culture is illegal.

Just because someone in of a certain Race/Culture does not mean they know anything about their Race/Culture.

It you want to open a Mexican restaurant where there are few Mexicans who are you supposed to hire?

No comments:

Post a Comment