Monday, March 12, 2012

How many generations are we away from eating all our meals in restaurants?

I'm 52 and every meal I ate for the first 18 years of my life was cooked by my mama. There was only one restaurant in my small town. I still live in that same small town and there are at least 50 restaurants in the area. My wife never cooks. How long will it be before we don't even have a kitchen in our houses?How many generations are we away from eating all our meals in restaurants?
i think that those days have arrived. it is either eat at a restraunt or get take out. sorry
In 200 years from now, then we have intelligent machines that do it for us. :)How many generations are we away from eating all our meals in restaurants?
In my opinion, Frozen Dinners will remain popular because the packaging is attractive. Also the Service in restaurants is deteriorating.
2........
I go out to dinner maybe once or twice a year. My husband maybe takes the kids out every other month. I think it's a waste of money and it's real hard to find healthy foods!
It really isn't that people are getting lazy, but it is taking two incomes for people to make ends meet and they don't take the time to teach their kids how to cook. I started cooking family dinners when I was in 7th grade. The first thing I cooked was a pot roast, and it turned out really good. I am now a stay-at-home mom and to make ends meet, we rarely go out to eat. It is so much cheaper to go to Costco and get a big package of meat and have enough for 3-4 meals for the same price it would cost for 2 of us to eat out 1 time.
Neil,



I live in a big city and I have an infinite choice of fine restaurants.



One of the things I like to do is recreate a delicious meal that I had at a restaurant.



I'm not always successful, but my boyfriend could care less!



Tonight I am making a Oven-Baked Lamb Stew with White Beans and Savory. I had it at Napa Valley Grill last week. It was delectable at the restaurant, and it smells good here.



Also, if your wife doesn't cook, you cook! GASP!
I'm 59, and I hardly cook for my husband at home. I would cook, but we don't eat much and it's not worth the time and money to cook at the house. We found it was cheaper to eat out and bring home the leftovers.

There was a time when my two kids were living at home and both of us were working. I cooked homemade pasta, jam and jellies, pies, cookies and big meals from scratch. So it wasn't that I didn't know how to cook, it's different because the type of meals we consume as we get older.

My husband always tease me about not cooking, but I told him I would cook a three course meal all the time, if he promise me he would eat everything on his plate so I have no leftovers (he hates leftovers). He couldn't do it, so we eat out at least two times a week. And he does the grilling now (it's a man thing)
Well it would just be nice if that didn't happen. People should make the choice to cook. Cooking can be fun. I guess it's all in ones own opinion. I love to cook so I don't really have that problem. I cook 90 percent of my meals.



I really don't think we will get to that point. Well then again we are getting lazier, or we are chosing to be so busy we don't have time to cook. That is really a shame, alot of joy can be found in cooking.
What's a kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment