Monday, March 12, 2012

Do you think smoking in restaurants should be band?

I think is should be up to the owner of the restaurant if they want to band smoking or have a non-smoking section and/or smoking section.

I personally don't have a problem with smoking in restaurants.Do you think smoking in restaurants should be band?
I don't have a problem either, but the laws in my state have banned a lot of things and smoking is one of them. There are even whole towns that have banned people smoking in their own home!

The nicotine nazis have taken over the legislature and the courts, luckily there are places smokers can go to eat and smoke without a problem they call them cigar-clubs or something similar to that in NY.

People think its all about healthy living but it is really about control. Someday the 'powers that be' will ban something they enjoy doing and they too will get all indignent.

As long as you open a door for one group of people that opens the door to harass other groups of people, right now in CA its anyone that is considered 'obese'. Freedom isn't free anymore.
I think so. I think they should ban smoking at parks too.Do you think smoking in restaurants should be band?
It is in Nebraska, and I can say that I like it a lot. I like not having to remember to ask for smoking for non-smoking. I like being able to breathe clean air and not have to worry about second hand smoke damage. I especially like not having to worry about it with my children.
the public's interest in not being subected to second hand smoke outweighs the interest of the owner. Banning smoking is in the public's interest for reasons of health and obnoxious odors. It's a dirty habit too. How about working for a restaurant and you job would be to clean ashtrays and toilets?
i think it should be banned



its disgusting and as an adult with asthma its very hard for me to breathe in any place where smoking is permitted



plus the smoke lingers into the kitchen and into the food



smoke outside n open air





i have smoker friends who never smoke indoors ever not even at home



smoking sections dont keep smoke out of the nonsmoking areas its my God given right to breathe clean air smoking is a privilege not a right now take it to the parking lot





my city is smoke free cant smoke in any business except bars




If I can't smoke why would they allow the band?
No but I do think that they need to be sure that smoking in the smoking section doesn't flow into the nonsmoking section. There are some people who have medical issues that cannot be around it at all, and its not necessarily fair that they stay cooped up in their house all the time. One of my friends has Cystic Fibrosis and cannot be around it at all.



I used to smoke and can't stand to smell it anymore. I hate when I am in a restaurant and I end up smelling it or have to walk through the smoking section just to get to the bathroom.
yes, they should be banned.
I have a huge problem with smoking in resturants and other public places where non-smokers have to share. I understand the desire and need to smoke. I used to. But even then, I never smoked in public. (old fashioned I guess). At any rate, I developed asthma and therefore, I honestly appreciate the ability to breathe and I know what it feels like when one can't. I also know what my hair and clothes smell like after I have been housed closely with a smoker.....especially the ones who are chain smokers. I have noticed the callousness of some smokers. They put their cigs out anywhere and when they don't want to use their own car ashtrays (if they have them), they throw them out the window. I just think it's sad. I know smokers want the freedom to smoke too, but I guess it can't be done both ways to please.
I am for banning smoking everywhere except in your own home. It's gross and it causes litter problems, health problems, and cosmetic issues. I doubt it would cause a loss of business because if you ban smoking everywhere except at home, who is going to sit in their house 24/7? If you only ban it in select restaurants, that's where you'll see more of a loss in business.
yup its sooooo sick
Yes, smoking in restaurants should be banned. It's not good for the customers, and it's not good for the employees. Non-smoking sections are almost impossible to have - to be a true non-smoking section, that section has to be enclosed separately and have it's own air-handling system. As far as HOW it should be banned, I think it should be the decision of the owner of the restaurant. I frequent Columbia, Mo., a great deal - the city council banned smoking in all bars and restaurants - it has worked well for over a year and I love it. However, I LIVE in Jefferson City, Mo, where many restaurants have CHOSEN to go non-smoking, and those are the ONLY ones I go to. Smoking is bad - for smokers and non-smokers. Period. Peace.
Here in the UK smoking is 'banned' in any public place. Whether it be resturants, pubs etc.
Yeah it should be banned. Its not fair to non-smokers to have to inhale second hand smoke and smell like smoke when they leave. I guarantee if the shoe was on the other foot it would be the same old bullcrap argument. Go outside if you want to slowly kill yourself.
I do have a problem with it; I am allergic to smoke and had to quit myself in 96 because of damage to my mouth and tongue from nicotine so if anyone smokes near me they either have to put it out or leave, and I certainly would not tolerate that in a restaurant.
The business is owned by a private business owner, the person who OWNS the business should have the right to make it whatever kind of establishment they want it to be. THe government should have NO control over what a private business owner does. If you don't like it, go to one of the million other businesses that don't have it.. simple





Re: John M- If its becuse it is not good for the customers, then why do most restraunts serve deep fried foods and fruit spreads made with high fructose corn syrup? Shoud we get rid of that too?
I think a restaurant should be permitted to have a "smoking" section if, and only if, the restaurant will seal off the "smoking" and "non-smoking" sections and have a separate HVAC system for each section. There should be no way that the smoke be permitted to infiltrate the non-smoking section.



A bar in the town where I live did just that. It was expensive for them to do, but I am glad they did it.
I would rather they band bad spelling and incorrect sentence structure.
Not only in restaurants should be banned but all over the world.... give it time and it will
around here alot of them already did. pennsylvania passed the smoking ban a few months ago

No comments:

Post a Comment