Monday, March 12, 2012

Where do small restaurants get their food from?

I've eaten in many small mom %26amp; pop type of restaurants and the food at each place each has a distinctive taste. Some of the places I've been to don't make their food homemade, but it tastes great. How do these places get their ingredients or prepared food? Do they come up with their own recipe and then have it mass produced by a manufacturer? Or are there companies out there that actually create custom foods for each specific restaurant? If I wanted to start a restaurant, where would I even start to find a food supplier for my restaurant? I've always been curious about this and I appreciate the responses. Where do small restaurants get their food from?
There are numerous food supply companies that DO supply a lot of already made, pre-packaged foods to small restaurants. Many restaurants just don't have the time to make everything. I used to own a bakery cafe, and we got our soups from SYSCO Corporation. They were fabulous. They came in frozen packages, and all we did was put them in our soup pots and heat them up. Customers raved about them.



You can "google" food suppliers in any search engine, and find SYSCO, Thurston Foods, U.S. Food Service, and a host of other food suppliers in your area. Most of them require that you buy in large quantities, so be prepared to have a few freezers and refrigerators to hold the minimum quantities that you'd have to purchase.Where do small restaurants get their food from?
I have recently opened a coffee shop and worried about the same thing,

And wondered where the Coffee shops I enjoyed eating from got there food? So I cheekily called and asked to speak to the manager, I told him how wonderful his food was, And as I wasn't opening my shop near them I was no direct competition, They were happy to help!



Danielle K

http://www.findyourbestsupplier.com

http://www.findyourbestsupplier.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment