Friday, March 9, 2012

Do restaurants in California have to serve you water if asked?

(California) I heard somewhere that restaurants have to have tap water available for their customers instead of just forcing their own beverages or bottled water on the patrons. Is that true and can someone provide a verifiable source? I frequent a Hookah place and am getting fed up with them always giving me bottled water when I ask for tap water. And then I end up paying for the bottled water because they don't tell you that they don't serve tap water. This is the only place I know of in Los Angeles that does this.Do restaurants in California have to serve you water if asked?
that sounds outrageous .. i'd be pretty pissed if i went to any kind of restaurant and they refused to serve tap water. i would definitely think there's a law or something on things like that. "yeah, you can use our toilets, and our sinks to wash your hands, but we won't serve you water" ..... makes no sense and is bad business if you ask me.



you know it's funny that i came across this, because whenever someone would order a water from me, i'd say "oh, we don't have water" .. and they'd look at me like, "what? are you serious?" and i'd be like "nah i'm just kiddin" ... haha =)
i live in san diego and everywhere here gives you tap water not bottled.Do restaurants in California have to serve you water if asked?
tap
I don't know for sure, but I think there is a law about it. But even if there is not a law, here's how you beat their game. This is especially useful if you are a regular customer.



Ask for a glass of water. If they bring you a bottle, tell the waiter that you asked for a glass of water, not a bottle.



If they charge you for the bottle, take it out of the waiter's tip, and tell him very plainly that you did so.



On our next vist, I expect you will get a glass of water.



Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment