Friday, March 9, 2012

What are the requirements for breaks at restaurants in Ontario, Canada?

I only know the requirements for desk jobs, and that for every 5 hour shift, unless you agree to something else, you are to be given a half hour unpaid lunch break. But I don't know what the requirements are for breaks at restaurants. My boyfriend works 8 hour shifts, and apparently only the people who smoke get breaks.What are the requirements for breaks at restaurants in Ontario, Canada?
I'm not sure if this is the official rule. But, I work at McDonald's and we get a 15 minute break after working for 4 hours. So in my mind your boyfriend should be getting at least two 15 minutes. Never worked an 8 hour, but the one time I worked a 7 hour shift I got a 15 and a 20 minute break.
  • lounges
  • benihanas
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment