Monday, March 12, 2012

What kind of shrimp do they use at hibachi restaurants?

I typically hate shrimp but I LOVE the shrimp they use in hibachi restaurants. What kind of shrimp do they use and does anyone have the recipe so I can make it at home?What kind of shrimp do they use at hibachi restaurants?
there's nothing special about the shrimp that they use. it's normally good size (large or jumbo) and it's raw, so it doesn't get overcooked and rubbery. and every time I've gone to the hibachi grill (3 different restaurants, multiple occasions) the shrimp is already peeled. the tail left on, and they cook them in a teriyaki sauce. I like or local hibachi grill's teriyaki sauce. It tastes like it has some pineapple in it. You can make a good teriyaki sauce by starting with bottled teriyaki sauce. I add a little honey, pineapple juice, a clove of fresh minced garlic, and sometimes green onions and sesame seeds. Then saute your shrimp, add the sauce during the last minute of cooking, toss, and serve. Also good with tender cuts of beef, sliced pork, or cubed chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment