Monday, March 12, 2012

What kind of olive oil and spice mixes do restaurants like Macaroni Grill use to dip bread in?

I want to prepare bread and dip like served in Italian restaurants like Macaroni Grill. It's the kind where you have sliced bread and dip it into a oil mix consisting of olive oil and a blend of spices; I've seen the oil mixes in the store, but there are several different variety's available. Can you tell me what it's called? Please and thank-you!



~JessWhat kind of olive oil and spice mixes do restaurants like Macaroni Grill use to dip bread in?
I use Carapelli's Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the oil. As far as the spices go I mince some garlic, wrap in in foil, and roast in oven for about 10 minutes and add that to the oil (on a small plate/bowl) as well as some, onion powder, some basil, some parm. cheese. You can add any spice you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment