Saturday, February 18, 2012

What are your personal customs of tipping in restaurants?

I usually tip the customary 15% at semi-gourmet restaurants like Applebee's, Chili's, Red Lobster and Longhorn Steakhouse and 10% for pick up.



However, do you tip for pick-up orders at Chinese restaurants or Pizza Hut? How about at Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, or Sonic?What are your personal customs of tipping in restaurants?
15 to 20% for waiter/waitress service.



If you can't pay it or won't pay it - STAY HOME!



It's their wage and you should hide under your kitchen and eat kraft mac %26amp; cheese if you aren't willing to do it.



This anger was directed at the past, not the sweet, caring, happy people who visit this site.
It is very nice of you to tip for pick up most people don't do this, as for the 2nd set of place tipping is not something I generally do. These employees are paid a descent amount more than waiters or waitresses.



As for the person that doesn't believe in tipping... If you would like the owner of the business to pay fine, you will now be paying a ton more for your dining experience. Waiters generally make around $2.33 an hour or so, so for them to be paid what they are worth in a thankless job.. expect a nice hefty increase to menu prices! As a waiter, I used to make nearly $35 an hour, granted I have worked in many very upscale establishments across the country and the knowledge and skill needed at those type of restaurant is very high. Can you filet a fish table side with a fork and a fish knife? How about know the difference between a Barolo and Barberesco? You need to 1 week as a waiter or waitress then you can talk about not tipping!What are your personal customs of tipping in restaurants?
I usually tip 20% if the service was good and 15% if it was passable but not great (i.e. I got my food and that's about it) at any restaurant where the servers are actually responsible for bringing you all your food and drinks. If you serve yourself, I usually leave a smaller tip.



At coffee places, I try to leave a tip if my drink was made quickly and correctly, but typically these people are making the majority of their money from their actual wages, not from tips. Generally, I'll leave my change, or a dollar, but I don't worry as much about hitting a certain percentage. It's more of a way of saying thank you.
i don't tip for any of the second set of "restaurants" you mentioned. the tip is to say thanks to the waiter for their extra work. but at starbucks and pizza hut they aren't doing any extra work. all they do is make the food which they are getting paid for hourly. however if i preorder and pickup food from a restaurant like chili's or california pizza kitchen or wtvr, then ill tip the person who runs it out to my car.
I give between 5 and 10 bucks at your applebee's type places

At Sonic, I usually give a dollar or two



I usually don't tip for any pickup order because they didn't do anything for me. If have a huge order or a special request I will tip.



I would never even think of tipping at starbucks. they make enough off of a cup of coffee as is.
I tip according to the service with a 15% minimum. If they are really good about refills on drinks, I tip more. I've tipped up to 50% of the bill if they were really good.



I tip 1 dollar at Sonic, Starbucks, etc.



I don't usually order out unless its for Pizza, and I do 12% for pizza.
i double the tip and then leave more if the service was very good



at places where they work behind a counter i dont tip, but when i worked at boston market a few people would give me a dollar or two every now and then and that was always nice
customary tip is 20 percent, and no you dont have to tip at the fast food places, although ill usually tip the exta change at starbucks if i pay with cash
I only tip at restaurants if I'm sitting down eating (not for p/u.) I tip 18% or so across the board. I do not tip at Cold Stone or any other counter service establishments.
I always tip 20%, as a former waitress, I know how hard it is to make ends meet!
20% and I do not tip if I pick-up.
i don't beleive in tipping, why should i pay the salary of someone else's employee? the owner of the business should pay them a living wage. not me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just leave $1.00. Are you supposed to tip at Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and Sonic?

No comments:

Post a Comment