Saturday, February 18, 2012

How do they cook hot dogs in restaurants?

My mother fried hot dogs in a pan, and I boil them.. but it's never the same as they make in coney islands and local dinners. They always has a taunt skin and juicy inside.



How do they make them in the restaurants?How do they cook hot dogs in restaurants?
In a restaurant, they boil 'em, grill 'em, steam 'em, fry 'em, broil 'em and some even microwave them. Just like folks do at home.

But, I bet I can still help you out. The dogs you describe, "taught skin and juicy inside" are the ones with a "natural casing". And I bet the ones you cook up at home are one of the many pre-packaged brands from the super market. These dogs are skinless, so no matter how you cook them you won鈥檛 get that "snap" you're looking for. Now, for the good news, you can find the ones with a "natural casing" in most good butcher shops and they are easy to spot, they're the curved hot dogs. Or you could ask the guy behind the counter (the one with the big knife in his hand). Once you get the dogs home, try grilling them along with some onions in a cast iron skillet if you've got one. That's my favorite technique.
The only way to cook a dog - over an open fire. Maybe it's just from growing up out west, but any other way besides cooked over a open flame or on a grill, no way. I'll pass on your fake meat, thanks.



In lived in South America and had some homemade sausage. I thought I disliked hot dogs before then, but after that, the uniform texture isn't half bad.How do they cook hot dogs in restaurants?
ive worked in restaurants all my life... every place i've worked with the exception of one, always put the hot dogs in the fryer believe it or not.!!! the exception just grilled the dogs. but i have done this myself and it does taste like the ones in restaurants. works great with breakfast sausages as well!
We use a steamer to keep the juices in.

No comments:

Post a Comment