Saturday, February 18, 2012

What are healthier options to eat at restaurants other than salad?

I'm not a big salad person, unless it's loaded with flavorful stuff, I just don't usually like the taste of lettuce. Is there anything you can tell me suggestions? Any specific restaurants you suggest specific meals or anything? Thanks!What are healthier options to eat at restaurants other than salad?
Grilled will always be better than fried.

So, if you have a choice of a grilled chicken sandwich or a fried one, pick the grilled.

White sauces in general are high in fat %26amp; calories, like pasta sauce- alfredo. Pick tomato based dishes over alfredo.



A lot of restaurants will accomodate %26amp; switch to a grilled or steamed meat %26amp; vegetbale platter, as opposed to a fried %26amp; drenched in cheese platter.



oh yeah, don't supersize.

read on for more info
Anything grilled with veggies... ( Grilled Chicken, Salmon, ) a Nice soup..



Take care...



Bcn_mimosaWhat are healthier options to eat at restaurants other than salad?
Eat at Vegetarian restaurants if you like to eat in restaurants. They have a great variety of healty meals, and well balanced, including proteins which your body needs. Salads do not provide everything your body needs, unless it includes chicken, avocado, beans, cheese, egg or other protein elements.

Also boiled or grilled fish, chicken or lean meat or soya are good foodstuff, it is how it is prepared and how well mixed with other important food elements that is important.



Avoid refined carbohydrates and use whole brown rice (toss it with sesame seeds to add flavour when cooked), it takes longer to cook but it is worth it. Purchase grains in their kernel, use cold pressed virgin olive oil, and use fructose (from health food stores) which is low GI and not ordinary sugar, use complex carbohydrates avoid simple ones, eat unprocessed muesli with nuts and dry or fresh fruit or oatmeal.

See a specialized dietician for preparing balanced meals for home. Change your diet totally, not occassionally.

Add 30 minute walk daily and you'll be healthier!!
Veggies and foods with veggies in them are always good. When I go to Subway, I skip the cheese, go for lean meats and have them load on the green peppers, onions, tomatoes, and such. That gives me a feeling of satisfaction and not going away hungry or cheated.



I avoid add-ons like dressings, mayonaisse, butter, gravy and cheese sauce-- or atleast I use them in moderation. When I get a sandwich at places like McDonald's (where I RARELY go), I take some FAT FREE mayonaisse in a zip loc bag and then order the sandwich plain.



What I've found to be best, though, is allowing myself to eat out once in a while. Usually once a week. I pigged out something aweful after church Sunday. Still, I do well with my weight because when I splurge occasionally, I can stick with a good diet the rest of the week and not feel cheated.
Fish and vegetables (or fruit) is a healthy meal.



An omlette is another idea. With fruits or veggies.
what makes you think a salad is really healthy. have you seen a salad prepared?. bet you think the ingredients are all washed and cleaned. dream on.

No comments:

Post a Comment