Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Is there a way to check which food distributors or restaurants are supplying meat from Westland/Hallmark?

I stopped eating most meat a while ago. I am not a vegetarian, but I try to only consume meat I know has been raised and killed humanely. I know Chipotle claims to use free range, antibiotic free meat, but are there other restaurants that do the same. I stick to my local butcher and farmer's market for most of my meat, but I was wondering if there are restaurants that can ensure they don't support slaughterhouses that treat their animals inhumanely.Is there a way to check which food distributors or restaurants are supplying meat from Westland/Hallmark?
I am a recent vegetarian (about a year) and the problem that I ran into was that you really don't know how they are raising and slaughtering the animals. Plus, the dairy and egg industry is one of the worst industries in terms of animal treatment. Did you know they kill most of the male chicks and they do it by just throwing them into a big pile to die or they grind them up in the garbage because there are no laws to protect chickens. I hope I don't sound preachy - I'm just frustrated by the whole state of affairs. I won't even go into the environmental aspects of raising 10 billion animals a year for slaughter! Ughh!
jack in the box was the only restaurant to step forward to this recall although the meat was served in schools all around the country their saying the meaqt has a very low chance of any contamination the recall is because the meat is being used in an animal abuse case against some of the employees at westland hallmarkIs there a way to check which food distributors or restaurants are supplying meat from Westland/Hallmark?
Lucky for me we only eat locally raised organic meats. But I sure would like to know so that people can be made more aware of the garbage that the FDA alllows into our foods and who cooks with this junk. Sadly, tho, this is only one company who has been caught. There are many others who have not been caught because the FDA does NOT do a good good of anything but bob and weave.
ask westland/hallmark
the Humane Society of the United States still investigating were the meat is being distributed. So far we only know Jack-in-the Box and In and Out Burgers. Next time you buy meat, check the label and make sure it doesn't come from Westland/Hallmark plant.

http://www.hsus.org/farm/news/ournews/un鈥?/a>

Also, their meat goes nation wide, National School Programs, needed families and the elders, over 34 states.

Which has already been consumed by most school children since Feb. 1!

https://community.hsus.org/campaign/CA_2鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment