Saturday, February 11, 2012

How do I go about approaching restaurants with our superior product?

I own a smokehouse (fish, cheese %26amp; butter) and currently sell direct to the public. How might I branch out and sell to restaurants? I'm thinking they either buy their product from Costco, a distributor or lightly smoke their own products in house. I'd like to branch out to selling to restaurants in order to boost our business as currently we rely mostly on tourism and locals. We have superior product...I'm just not sure we can compete with Costco prices.How do I go about approaching restaurants with our superior product?
If you have a superior product, locally smoked, real smoke, no added chemicals, and small batches, rather than bulk-by-the-truckload like Costco's, I'd start with the better restaurants. You know your local ones, the places with fancy food, or advertise locally-grown veggies, organic food. Those places would be more interested in fine food products, well-prepared, than, say, a diner or a sandwich place. Phone around, ask to make an appointment to speak to the owner or manager. Take samples, talk your stuff up. If you currently only sell direct to the public, that's probably a plus for the restaurants, as opposed to you selling through a distributor.How do I go about approaching restaurants with our superior product?
The best way to approach restaurants telling about your dish so that they can take it is going online. Start up a blog or website and promote your smokehouse through SEO.
  • dickey s bbq
  • word twist
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment